Does anyone like the second to last month of the year? Just the way it sounds already. A "N" is so unwieldy after all. -ember doesn't make it any better. So, no. Even the thought of number 11 chases away the good mood, because the idea of wind, rain and permanent darkness is uncomfortable enough. But it's no use, we can't just pull the duvet over our heads for a month: so cheer up, put on your bobble hat, open your eyes and go for it - the Christmas market is waiting at the end! But what do we enjoy 30 N-days with? How about this?
1. Finally book the wine seminar; two exciting hours of testing, tasting, discovering new things and training your taste buds.
2. Head the exclusive whiskey and enjoy it after work.
3. Finish last fall's book or start a new one such as "I'm Just the Hamster Here," the small animal Oleg relaxes adults and is excellent for reading aloud.
4. Fashion has never been more fashionable: at the Museum Angewandte Kunst , the exhibition "Mode bewegt Bild - der Fashion Film Effekt" (Fashion Moves Image - the Fashion Film Effect) shows fascinating ways that luxury brands are now taking to the web in the battle for attention and the role that all of us who eagerly share on Facebook play in this.
5. Make a date for Sunday brunch
6. Enjoy Frankfurt's off-Broadway scene: beyond the established theater venues, it's teeming with creative and talented people who entertain: whether English comedies like "A ghost rarely comes alone" at the Interkulturelle Bühne or boulevardesques like "Sei lieb zu meiner Frau" at the Bad Homburg Kurtheater, there is something for all tastes.
7. Spend Saturday strolling along Brückenstraße in Sachsenhausen and give the Zeil a wide berth.
8. Don't arrange anything at all for a weekend and hide the smartphone. Just wait and see what happens.
9. Go to the Brauhaus in Oberursel for a suckling pig buffet, but make sure to book in advance!
10. Kill the piggy bank for a visit to the 6th Stilblüten-Modefestival (in December)
11. Inaugurate the Christmas market and crowd around the stalls with everyone else for the Feuerzangenbowle.
Whoever else has ideas on how to live through N month is welcome to share them...
Sabina Brauner is on twitter @WentoManderly and FB.