Every year I get scared again and again, or I go into town at lightning speed. Those who, like me, have worked diligently to the limit this week may not have come to buy presents. Or could even think about it. But that's what I'm here for. Because fortunately it belongs to my work to give me some thought for you here. I walked through Frankfurt off the beaten track to find original gift ideas for you. What did I find? A lot of handmade design by Frankfurt creatives, which also fulfils my personal gift criteria - it should be practical and as sustainable as possible!
· The girlfriend or brother already has everything? And a cool place, too? Then these coasters from carpet remainders are exactly the right thing. Discovered in the gallery shop “designe, kleine!“ in Sachsenhausen in the Brückenstraße.
· The gloves of Evelyn Toomistu, who finishes chic leather models in her own studio, bring peace to even the most demanding person. From simply Elegant to absolutely extravagant with sewn-on chicken feet - the designer from Osthafen finds a solution for every wish.
· A practical gift for man and woman, which finally puts a chic end to the cable tangle of headphones and what I don't know. Cable tie against the tangle of cables. Designed by Sandra Elm from Bornheim. Found it: “designe, kleine!“
· Speaking of “finding“. It is guaranteed to be much easier to find front door keys or car keys if they are hanging from a magnificent trailer. Stylish in addition a clutch with “Frau Rauscher“ motive and the next outfit is saved. Combined with a leather trouser or jacket, a felt bag is the edgy eye-catcher! The fast felt is available at “OoKoKoKo“ in the Brückenstraße in Sachsenhausen.
·in picture of Frankfurt? Marc Schmidt's annual calendar features well photographed motifs from our favourite city. (“OoKoKo“.)
· The gift for those who already have EVERYTHING but don't want a hip pad. Instead of cake on the table, simply present a neck pillow in the pack. The No-Fatt-Gift variant becomes THE conversation under the Christmas tree! The Frankfurt wreath was made by Susanne Stahl from Sachsenhausen. Found it: “designe, kleine!“
· The sister, mother, customer or best friend shall rejoice enormously? Then the shapely felt cans with found lids of old coffee services are just the thing, a lasting and original gift! It was designed by Gabi Berger from Sachsenhausen.
I am happy if one or the other here finds a suggestion to give presents to family and friends. I wish all my readers a Merry Christmas!
design, small! , Wallstraße 26, 60594 Frankfurt, Christmas Eve still until 14 o'clock open.
OokoKo, Brückenstraße 33 , 60594 Frankfurt
Atelier Frankfurt, Evelyn Toomistu, Schwedler Straße 1-5, Room 6.12.