Recently I talked to a colleague. To his apology I have to say right away that he has only been living in Frankfurt for a really short time. And he's also moved from Berlin ;-)
In any case he's new in Frankfurt and so he's enraptured to say that it's nicer than expected here on the Main.
(Yes, what was he thinking, I thought to myself.)
So yes, that it is more beautiful than expected. But just now in summer he would miss the “holiday feeling“ in the city. Me: Sigh.
Berlin would have the unbeatable Wannsee, he complained. Etc. pp. You can guess the rest. If I now times the Heimweh-Faktor subtract and him the Umgewöhnungs-Aspekt zugutehalte, then I felt purely objectively nevertheless challenged.
You want vacation feeling? In Frankfurt we have so much holiday feeling that you can't get out of chilling out at all, I would have loved to yell at him.
However, I continued to breathe calmly and began to collect beautiful places in my head.
Holiday feeling? Chill out, be active or discover something new? Everyone lives out their holidays in their own way.
Many people are known for cleaning out the basement. Good, good, good. To each his own. But if you like to stick your feet in the sand, pull a few lanes (or a few more) through the water and then ride your bike on days with pleasant temperatures, then you'll find countless offers in Frankfurt and its surroundings!
Here are my seven super favorite tips!
What belongs to the holiday? A few cool drinks, shallow rhythms and relaxed chilling or actively scrambling through the undergrowth? Discover something new? Or anything of all?
1. Open air cinema in summer outdoors cozy with cool box and good outdoor entertainment? Stretching out on the picnic blanket and enjoying the night? Numerous places offer open-air film viewing. A special scenery offers itself still up to 4 August with a href="https://www.frankfurt-tipp.de/news/s/ugc/kurzfilmfestival-shorts-at-moonlight-ist-wieder-da.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener"> Shorts at Moonlight am Höchster Schloss - the most successful short film festival in Germany by its own account.“
2. Unbeatable especially for families are the numerous water playgrounds. At the Nidda or in the Güntherburgspark the bubbling pleasure naturally has boom in view of the heat!
3. The beach bars at the Main please beautiful? The Roof Top Bars? Where should I start, when one awakens more aha-feeling than the other? Currently I prefer to climb the roof of the “Sofitel“ at the Alte Oper. With its manageable size, the terrace offers an intimate ambience with spectacular views.
4. Cycling in the green belt. Your way should lead you to Fechenheim. There you will discover spectacular new things - even if they are still being excavated and dug! A natural paradise of the finest is being created directly on the Main. The “small Altarm“ will have 34 000 m² of water, will be 550 metres long, up to 80 metres wide and at its deepest point four metres deep.
5. What is the small “Altarm“? It meanders through the arch of the Main and is connected to the Main at two points. This will create a small island. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? The towpath will be redesigned at the same time. It will be laid from the banks of the Main and repaired on and at 1200 meters.
6. How about one of the numerous lakes around Frankfurt? Do you dream of a sandy beach, sunbathing lawn and lots of nature? Then off to the Spessart! About 25 kilometres away from Frankfurt you will find the „Strandbad Spessartblick“ - bathing islands, adventure playground and barbecue area included. Leisure time, what do you want more?
7. Forest lovers immerse themselves in the Swimming pool near Rüsselsheim - in the middle of pines a natural quarry pond waits dreamily for guests. Shady places can be found around the reed and willow-lined banks of the forest swimming pool.
And where can you find the ultimate holiday feeling in Frankfurt?