In view of the strongly increased seven-day incidence of currently 176.1, Lord Mayor Peter Feldmann and Health Department Head Stefan Majer have decided to bring forward the meeting of the administrative staff, which was actually scheduled for Tuesday. A meeting was already held this Saturday afternoon to discuss further measures to contain corona infections. "The situation is serious. We agree with the country that we have to respond quickly", said Feldmann and Majer.
"The virus is an invisible enemy. It annoys us all. Only if we stick together can we secure a piece of normality that we all desire. I expect everyone to show consideration for the special risk groups. All measures serve to protect human life," explained Feldmann. "With the decisions we have now taken, we have weighed up what we have to do to protect our population and how far we can be held responsible for interventions in public life," said Mayor Becker.</On Saturday, the full-time members of the municipal council discussed the current infection situation and proposed further stricter measures to the administrative staff for a decision," explained health department head Majer, who also heads the administrative staff. "In close coordination with the state and based on regionally uniform measures, we are consistently pursuing our path in combating the pandemic. I urge all citizens to continue and even more intensively work with us to take countermeasures to avert even further restrictions and prevent a dramatic increase in serious cases and rising death rates. </p>
The following measures were therefore decided upon at the meeting
- Stays in public places are only permitted alone or in groups of a maximum of five persons from a maximum of two households or with members of one's own household
extension of the mask obligation
- Mask obligation at all public events and in public facilities,
- Masks are recommended in vehicles if members of more than two households are travelling together.
- Masking obligation is extended to within the ring of alleys and north of the railway line in Sachsenhausen. It is recommended to wear masks within the whole city. If the number of infections continues to rise, a mask obligation for the entire city will be considered.
Ban on alcohol consumption
- The ban on alcohol consumption in defined places, locations and facilities remains largely unchanged. The ban in public places in the entire city area only applies during the curfew from 11pm to 6am.