Now that Frankfurt has been in the incidence level above 50 since 16. August is in the incidence level >50 of the Hessian prevention and escalation concept - even if the 7-day incidence in Frankfurt on Thursday,August 19, according to the data of the Robert Koch Institute is 49.5 cases/100.000 inhabitants - stricter corona regulations will apply again in some areas from Friday,August 20.
The proportion of case reports has been stable at around 50 percent for several weeks, particularly in the 20-39 age group, and the proportion of travel-associated cases among all new infections has also risen noticeably recently. This is likely to increase again significantly in the next 14 days. As expected, with an overall diffuse infection pattern in the population and rising case numbers, there are also smaller localized outbreaks.
From Friday, tighter restrictions will therefore apply in Frankfurt, including in the areas of catering, events and culture. These regulations, which go beyond the provisions of the Coronavirus Protection Ordinance of the State of Hesse, are ordered by the seventh general order of the City of Frankfurt.
Tightened regulations will apply in the following areas starting next Friday, according to the general order:
1. Meetings, trade fairs, events and cultural activities, such as theatres, operas, cinemas and concerts (including private parties in public or specially rented premises)
a) with more than 25 persons (including vaccinated and convalescent persons): Are permitted (indoor maximum 250 and outdoor maximum 500)
b) with higher number of participants: (if the competent authority exceptionally allows a higher number of participants while ensuring continuous monitoring of compliance with the other requirements;
c) vaccinated or recovered persons shall be included in the maximum number of participants of 250 or 500 not included
2. Negative proof (vaccinated, recovered or tested negative) required:
- for admission to facilities for the handicapped;
- for admission to closed rooms at meetings, trade fairs, events and cultural events (including private parties in public or specially rented rooms) with more than 25 participants (including vaccinated and convalescent persons);
- for admission to indoor cultural or leisure facilities as well as sports facilities (in particular gyms, indoor swimming pools, saunas, sports halls, zoos, botanical gardens and amusement parks); but not for competitive and elite sports;<px>N</x>
- for admission to casinos, gambling halls and similar establishments as well as to stay in betting agencies;
- for admission to public areas of indoor catering (except for company employees in company canteens);
- also for longer stays (hotels and overnight stays) and twice per week of stay (a test on arrival is additionally mandatory by state regulation)
- when using services close to the body
3. Mask requirement in all crowding situations where the minimum distance of 1.5 meters cannot be safely maintained
In addition, the provisions of the current Corona Protection Ordinance of the State of Hesse apply.
If the incidence falls below 50 for five consecutive days, the lifting of the general order will be considered immediately.
The health department continues to appeal to all Frankfurt residents to adhere to the AHA-L rules and take advantage of the low-threshold vaccination services. At the Immunization Center in Festhalle, anyone twelve years of age and older, regardless of where they live, can come daily between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. for vaccinations without an appointment. In addition, special immunization events continue to be held around the city. For more information, visit: https://frankfurt.en/service-and-city-hall/administration/aemter-and-institutions/health-office/information-about-new-coronavirus-sars-cov-2/special-vaccination-actions