(em) Numerous demonstrations have been registered for the coming weekend (14-15 September 2019) in Frankfurt city area. In this connection, there will be considerable impairments in road traffic and in local public transport at times.
On Saturday around 20,000 and on Sunday several hundred meeting participants are expected. The Frankfurt police will accompany these registered meetings and/or elevators, in order to guarantee the freedom of assembly and to carry out the appropriate traffic measures...
In the inner-city area it will come to numerous restrictions in the traffic at the weekend. You can get to the exhibition grounds by public transport or by car via the Rebstock site.
Already on Friday the 13th, you will be able to get to the exhibition grounds by car. September 2019 is expected to be restricted in the following area:
- from approx. 10.00: Theodor-Heuss-Allee and Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage, left lane closed, heading into town
On Saturday, September 14, 2019 there will be traffic restrictions and closures throughout the city due to various meetings and elevators. In particular, the following areas will be affected:
- From 06.00 a.m. onwards, Senckenberg-Anlage, Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage and Theodor-Heuss-Allee (from Varrentrappstraße) will be closed in both directions until evening.
Early in the morning it will still be possible to leave these areas, but entry will not be permitted.
- Against 13.At 30 a.m., a section of a bicycle star ride will take place in the Ostparkstraße area and from there drive along the Alleen-Ring through the city area to the trade fair centre, in order to avoid the risk of an accident.30 o'clock in the Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage to participate in a final rally.
- Around 13.45 o'clock a further section of a bicycle star ride will arrive in the area of the Nibelungenallee, in order to drive afterwards likewise toward the fair and participate in the final rally in the area of the Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage.
- For a short time sections of the motorways (A648, A661) as well as the B40 will also be closed due to the bicycle corso around Frankfurt.
- Against 12.00 o'clock an elevator of the organization will lead ?nature friends of Germany? from the Hauptwache from the main guard from the city center range to the fair, in order to take part there afterwards likewise starting from 14.30 o'clock in the conclusion rally.
p> sp; - in the public transport it will come on this day near the fair aboveground to restrictions. The underground trains will, however, stop at the "Festhalle/Messe" stop as usual. Further information can be found on the website of rmv and VGF.
On Sunday, 15 September 2019, there will be temporary restrictions on road traffic in the vicinity of the fair. Affected are the Platz der Einheit, the Straße der Nationen and the Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage. The Emser Bridge will be closed all day.
It is possible that road closures may occur at short notice during the weekend due to meetings and elevators in the city area.
For this reason, the Frankfurt police advise that the city centre, especially the streets mentioned above, should be bypassed or avoided on the days mentioned, to use public transport wherever possible. In local public transport, there will be restrictions, especially in above-ground areas, which will lead to timetable deviations. It is recommended that road users arriving from the surrounding motorways follow the signs on the motorways. In this context, the internet portals of Mainziel (www.mainziel.de), rmv (www.rmv.de) and the VGF (www.vgf-ffm.de). In addition, the "Katwarn" app is used to draw attention to corresponding traffic disruptions in downtown Frankfurt.
On the operation days the Frankfurt police will publish current information about the event via the well-known Twitter account @Polizei_Ffm.