Eschersheim (first mentioned around 1000) is located about 4 km north of the city centre and above the Nidda river opposite the district Heddernheim.
Alt-Eschersheim is squeezed between the railway line and the Nidda (Strandbad).
The village, which was still rural around 1900, free of industry, with a view of the nearby Taunus Mountains, became a residential area for the discerning and in 1910 it was incorporated into the city of Frankfurt.
In the 1920s and 1930s, Eschersheim grew southwards with the settlement around the water tower and Am Lindenbaum (architect Walter Gropius).
>Eschersheim was largely spared the bombing of the air raids on Frankfurt during the Second World War.
1958 to 1961 expansions were carried out by the Im Mellsig settlement and the Anne-Frank settlement.
Novum: The above-ground underground tracks on Eschersheimer Landstraße divide the quarter.</In the side streets, magnificent villas dominate the cityscape.</p>
landmarks: The mighty lime tree, planted as a landmark at the end of the 17th century, has been a natural monument since 1937. It is about 20 m high and has a trunk circumference of 5 m.
Feste: The "Eschersheimer Dorffest" and the "Eschersheimer Mühlenfest" take place every two years, alternating with the "Eschersheimer Wochenende".
After 37 years the cult music club "Batschkapp" moved to the district "Seckbach" on 10.12.2013.Back to the overview